Thursday, January 5, 2012

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on the world.

Mackenzie Angel Sandrowitz
With us in the womb for 8 weeks.
May 2011 - July 2011
Original Due Date: February 24, 2012

"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." - Isaiah 49:15-16


The summer of 2011 brought us the most exciting news we had ever received since we became husband & wife. We found out that we were expecting our first child. It was a blissful, exciting month for the both of us. We were over the moon to become parents. However, our excitement was soon cut short. During a routine ultrasound, we discovered that our baby in the womb had died at 8 weeks gestational age. I had not had any symptoms or bleeding that one would expect would make it obvious that I was having a miscarriage. Our deceased little angel decided to stay inside my body. When I was 14 weeks pregnant and no signs of miscarrying naturally, my doctor decided it was necessary to have a D&C procedure. After numerous complications including a post-op infection, I can report that my body has made a full recovery from the miscarriage.

Emotionally, this was a painful loss that stabbed me deep in the heart. Just a few weeks earlier, I had seen our baby alive & well over an ultrasound. Then to see an ultrasound of my beautiful baby now deceased hurt so bad.

I don't completely understand our Heavenly Father's reasoning for wanting to take our baby away. It was probably the most painful death I have ever experienced. I have never cried so much in my life.

Why am I sharing this with everyone? Because I believe every child's life is worth celebrating. No foot is too small to leave an imprint on the world. Even though our baby is not here with us to physically hold, we know we have a child waiting for us in Heaven. He or she is just as much our child as will be all future pregnancies. In time, Heavenly Father will bless us with a baby perfect enough to enter this world.

We love our little angel baby. We are thankful for the short time we got to spend with our little bean. Thank you for what short time you've spent with us, my baby. Mommy & daddy love you very much. We will always miss you and look forward to being reunited in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment