Friday, January 6, 2012

Blood for Mom

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you..." - Leviticus 17:11

Ben & Kristin giving blood on 1/2/12

Our Father in Heaven has blessed my mom with a long awaited miracle. Through a church group, my mom met a man willing to donate her his kidney out of the goodness of his heart and wanting nothing in return. He turned out to be a 100% match to my mother on blood type, antibodies, and everything! This is truly a miracle of God! The transplant board approved the donation, and my mother will be receiving her long awaited kidney transplant from a healthy live donor on January 9th! That's right, only 3 more days now! I am so excited for her. To me, she is the world's greatest mother. No one deserves this more than her. I love you mom!

On the 2nd, I was able to go to the local blood bank and donate blood that would be designated specifically for my mom during her surgery on Monday. Ben came along to see if he could as well. Unfortunately, he turned out to be the wrong blood type to donate to my mom. So he decided to donate to the general population. Besides me, a few friends of my mom who happen to be the same blood type have also donated blood for her.

Donating blood is a powerful thing. If I'm remembering this correctly, you can save up to 3 lives with one donation. I encourage anyone who is healthy enough to donate to do so. The blood bank really is always in need, it's not just some scam. Besides, it's an important cause. Not even the friends of mine who are absolutely terrified of needles regret donating blood. Give blood. Save lives.

Best blood I've ever given. I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment