Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

"For unto you is born this in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord...Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." - Luke 2:11 & 14

Our Christmas this year was a very low-key affair. It was us, my parents, and my grandmother. We had delicious food, including bacon wrapped sirloin smoked over applewood. Creamed spinach, my famous bacon & cheddar biscuits, and my Christmas dessert staple: Panettone bread pudding. I actually had 4 different requests to make it this year, and numerous recipe inquiries. Santa Clause also treated us pretty good this year, including a MacBook Pro under the tree just for me. :)

We went to Christmas Eve services at my mom's congregation down in Sarasota. It was a beautiful program. We lit a candle in remembrance of our deceased baby. I don't know if that was appropriate, but it felt right to me. Afterwards we went to a Japanese steakhouse and watched our dinner get prepared in front of us. Quite a show. I think the last time I'd see something like that was when I was a kid.

Besides dinner, the rest of Christmas was spent watching movies (such as "The Nativity Story") and reading scriptures to keep in touch with the true meaning of Christmas. It is a day to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior. I understand that many people celebrate the holiday without the religious aspect to it, and I respect your wishes. I would hope though that those who are Christians continue to remember the true meaning of Christmas and take the time to focus on the birth of Christ. After all, it is Christmas!

We hope everyone had a very merry Christmas, and wish that all of you have a safe and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment