Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

- Colossians 3:15-17


We had a great Thanksgiving! We spent the holiday with my parents at their home in Bradenton. We made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. This year, we smoked a turkey breast with bacon over applewood. I have to say, it is by far the best tasting turkey I've ever had! Ben and my parents will also back up that statement. :) We also roasted a chicken, since my dad is not the biggest fan of turkey. We also made homemade mash potatos, marshmallowed sweet potatos, green bean casserole (w/ Cream of Chicken soup instead of Cream of Mushroom, yum!), the best stuffing ever (it was cooked in the smoked turkey), crossiants, and gravy. For dessert, we had pumpkin pie and apple pie. It was quite the feast!


Since Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what you're thankful for, I'll do that quickly. I am thankful for the wonderful, loving, and supportive parents that our Father in Heaven has blessed me with. Not only do they make me feel blessed to be their daughter, but they give the same love and support to my husband, treating Ben like he were their own son. I'm so thankful for the relationship we have with them. I am also VERY thankful to have my wonderful husband! Ben & I have been together for nearly 3 years now, and even though things haven't also been easy, he has enriched my life immensely. I love you hus-Ben! ;)


I hope the rest of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and are looking forward to the holiday season as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment