Monday, November 21, 2011

Back to Try Again

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." - Psalms 139:14




Hello again! We have decided to give having a family blog another try. Getting use to updating on a regular basis was hard to do, though we were determined to eventually get the hang of it. However, a year ago we had an uncalled for reaction to a blog post. It had nothing to do with what was posted, but rather the family member in question that reacted was just looking for an excuse to point out the fact that they don't approve of me or my marriage to Ben. This reaction also included an expressed desire to cause me physical harm. In that moment, if everything I was going to say in this blog was going to be twisted to make me seem like an awful person, I wasn't going to continue.




A year has passed since then, and I have come to accept that I am never going to make these people happy. And I don't want to. When I first got engaged and married to Ben, I really did want to have a good relationship with my in-laws. Unless I completely changed everything that makes me who I am, it was never going to happen. (Ben- if she does then she wouldn't be the one I fell in love with and married). However, I don't care. I am me. My husband, my parents, my family, and my friends all love me for who I am. I've never had to change for them. It may sound cliche, but being yourself is all you should have to do to impress someone.




Much has happened in a year. Some good, some bad. Way too much to include in one post. We'll be making an effort to set aside the time to update on what's being on in our lives this past year, and what is going on in the present, and coming up in the future.




Take care for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment